english,

Literary: Apple & I

3/16/2018 08:23:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





You were the apple everyone loved
The epitome of perfection, the star of the night
I was just an eye, a mere bystander from afar
Always looking, but never muttering

I stood here with silence as my company
Adoring how you became you

How your arms form an angle
Whenever you wave a hello or a goodbye
How your laugh echoes through the room
Each time you find a joke really funny
How your voice changes
Every time you talk about your favorite band
How your forehead creases
After you don't get what you expect

Sadly, you are an apple and I am just an eye
I can only scream with my tears
Yet I was never heard 'cause you never looked

They say the eyes are the most expressive body part
But here I am, just looking at you
Keeping my feelings a secret
Hoping that one day you’ll see me
My heart longs for you a lot, to the point that my pupils dilate
And not just blink, making my chances pass

You Might Also Like

0 comments: