english,

Literary (Submission): Said and Done

5/26/2017 09:41:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




It was a sad night,
I was with my family but still I felt alone,
And I needed somebody to talk to
And there you were,
Like you’ve always been

I told you what I felt,
Even though I couldn’t quite understand it,
I tried to put it into words
And failed
But still you listened

And in that hour-long conversation,
I looked back
And realized
That you were always there for me,
You gave the warmest hugs,
You showed the shiniest smiles,
You shouted my favorite hellos
And told me the saddest goodbyes

You were with me through thick and thin
And through all my ups and downs

We shared all our secrets with each other
Denying ourselves of secrecy
We told stories about our day
Even though we spent most of it together

Sometimes when we’re around each other,
When it’s just the two of us,
We don’t even talk,
We just stay there, quiet,
Appreciating each other’s presence,
I love those times
Because I always had the chance to look at you
And wait for you to look at me
So you can ask me “What’s wrong?”
And I’ll just answer “Nothing.”
Because I swear, in those moments,
Everything was right
And my everything was right beside me

We created our own world together
Hoping we could live in it forever
In pure platonic joy
But I just had to ruin it

In the midst of my stress and my crying
I told you that I loved you
It was a reflex
Since I say it to my friends all the time
But when I said it to you
I don’t know
It just felt
Different
And maybe even real
And for the first time,
In a long time,
I wasn’t scared
To fall in love with my best friend

You Might Also Like

0 comments: