english,

Literary: Captive of Creatures

10/14/2019 08:10:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





The world I know ceases to be.
I feel my body suspended in time
Floating,
Falling,
Crashing
Into nothingness.
Suddenly, millions of frail tiny legs creep on my skin,
Covering my every inch
From the back of my knees
To the creases in my forehead,
Wrapping around my throat,
Choking me,
Imprisoning me,
Enslaving me.
Their beady eyes stare at me with a sense of taunting
As I flail and gasp for breath.
I struggle for air but all that I inhale
Is the distinct stench that would cause a hero to lose his power.
The creatures crawl up and down my spine
With every single step
Dragging on for eternity,
Etching scars on my skin.
Their every move prickles me,
making me want to separate my soul from such torture.
Their antennas softly brush my flesh
But the feeling pierces through.
The redemption I seek awaits behind
Crushing them beneath my feet
But instead, it is me they step on.
I thrash and I turn and I toss
But I stand frozen,
Consumed by this fear itching at the back of my mind.
The fear courses through my veins and consumes me whole
As the tiny creatures start to spread their wings and swarm around me,
Lifting me with them
Higher and higher
And higher--
Lower and lower
Into my grave.
The sound of their flapping wings fill the vast emptiness that enfolds me,
It slowly creeps through my ears
The same way the tiny bodies creep deeper into my flesh.
I cannot help but stand motionless as they bring me to my demise,
Consuming my entire being,
Burying me alive
From head to toe,
Bounding me in unending misery
For I lay suspended in time and space
With only this fear to keep me company—
BUT NO!
It cannot be
For they are merely the size of my thumb.
I snap back to reality,
To the world I am certain to be true
And feel my soul awaken--
It drives me to the light I’ve been longing for
When at last,
The creatures outnumber me no more
And they scatter
At the stomp of my foot.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: