campanella,

Literary: Playground

10/21/2019 09:10:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





        Playgrounds are such a joy. Seeing the schoolchildren play on the swings and go down the slides every morning and afternoon always bring a smile to my face.

        Sometimes when I pass by the playground after work, I still see the children laughing and smiling, playing tag and hide-and-seek. Their laughter takes away my fatigue for the day.

        One time, they asked me to play with them. Of course, I agreed, how could I not? I pushed them on the swing and they shouted with delight and pointed to the sky. I caught them as they went down the slides; I even played tag and hide-and-seek with them-- they were not very good hiders because they would laugh with glee, not being able to contain their excitement. Even when it was already evening, I couldn’t feel the exhaustion. What a wonder kids are! Their bright grins light up the playground-- no, the entire town.

        When I got home, all smiles and laughs, I saw my neighbor approach me. She asked, “Who were you playing with down at the playground?” I had to laugh heartily and joyfully reply, “Why, those nice schoolchildren needed a playmate!”

       I saw my neighbor’s face whiten and with a shivering voice she replied, “There were no schoolchildren down at the playground.” My brows furrowed and I looked at the playground. They were still there; I could hear the echoes of their high-pitched screams. I felt a cold wind pass by me and the smile was instantly washed off my face.

        “You have to let them go, Mr. Bus Driver.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments: