better.,

Literary (Submission): Similar but Different

10/31/2019 08:00:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





[Girl:]
Yours is the name I wrote at the back of my notebook
With the title F. L. A. M. E. S.
Crossed out our similarities
‘Til what was left were our differences

Our uncrossed letters were blessings in disguise that made me hope that one day we could be more than we are now

[Boy:]
Mine is the name you wrote at the back of your notebook
With the title F. L. A. M. E. S.
I watched you from a distance,
Got curious and did the same

I crossed out our similarities with excitement, just for us to be friends

[Boy & Girl:]
I didn’t feel discouraged
And still walked to you

[Boy:]
I know we felt the same
But like a magnet
Where we were both positives
We couldn’t help but repel

[Girl:]
Of course we just passed each other
I didn’t really think things would work out
I guess it’s not my luck
You were out of my reach from the start

[Boy:]
Why did you suddenly become negative?
Now you’ve made us opposites
But are we two opposites that attract?
Or are we too opposite to be with each other?

[Boy and Girl:]
I stopped and thought for a second
I looked back and saw you did the same

[Boy:]
I wanted to say “Hi”, wave, or smile
But I couldn’t say a word nor move a muscle
Both my feet were still planted on the ground

[Girl:]
The tension in the air made me uneasy
I couldn’t think of anything to say
So I turned around and walked away

[Boy:]
Two times we could have worked
But not once did we take the chance
Right now, I’m just going to accept the fact
That we are meant to be distant

You Might Also Like

0 comments: