desole,

Literary (Submission): Lost Among Stars

3/03/2016 09:56:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



Whenever I'd feel so down, I'd write about it
To escape the reality of where I am now.
And every time I'd finish what I write,
I usually feel okay by then.

With a pen, pouring all my emotions on a piece of paper feels so right,
Well, that was until this happened.
And this time, writing a poem couldn't save me from what I feel.
I feared these emotions before because the last time I felt this way,
I made a mistake and I thought I left this problem in the past.

I didn't know what to feel or what to do
because for the first time, writing about it didn't help me like it used to.
It wasn't like the usual problems I've had,
not something I could just dust off whenever I'd like to.

This took longer for me to move on from,
and I'm already doing my best to do so.
But I still couldn't understand, I think nobody understands,
because even when I asked my friends, they couldn't either.

It made me think, but instead, what I did was overthink.
It was like I was inflicting myself with pain I never deserved
and that's why I didn't bother anymore because it was useless
to think about something, that's most likely impossible to happen.

But, was all the pain worth it?
All the focus I lost when thinking about you?
And all the time I spent on dwelling on things that might have been?
Yes. It was still all worth it for me.

I usually don't let my feelings decide what I do
but I realized that there are times when what I feel is right,
is more important than what I think is right.

I haven't felt like this in a long time.
The last time I did was years ago, in 7th grade maybe.
But I never thought that it would come back
because back then, it wasn't as serious as now.

I realized that you're the "good"
in "nothing good gets away."
Yet the problem was I let go a bit too much
so you drifted away, to a different place,
somewhere you didn't deserve to be in.

And although it may seem to be too late,
I'd still go the distance just to be by your side,
because I realized that my happy place
is wherever you are.

I already made this mistake once,
and time told me that I may not have another chance.
I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to forgive myself
If I didn't at least try.

I know that I shouldn't always be waiting and hesitating
and I learned that you shouldn't always go wherever the universe will take you
because it's fate which adapts to the decisions you do.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: