english,

Literary: For You

3/03/2016 09:05:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



My alarm started blaring.

I reached for my phone to see what time it is.

5:30AM with a little reminder that said "It's our anniversary! :)"

I smiled as I got up from my bed. I washed my face. I took a bath. I wore my best suit and tie and hurried out; I didn't want to be late.

I got in my car and drove to the flower shop we always went to and bought a bouquet of your favorite flowers. The store clerk asked me what the occasion was and I said it was our anniversary. Since the clerk knew us well, she gave me a smile and a pat on the back.

I went to our favorite coffee shop afterwards and bought our usual. Then I ran to the shop to buy you a card. A reminder rang on my phone.

5:30PM that said: "You're late! >:("

I drove to our favorite spot, which was a place next to a large tree on a cliff overlooking the whole city. I sat down next to the tree with the bouquet and card. Tears started streaming down my face as I carefully placed them down next to your grave.

"I miss you, dear. Happy Anniversary."

You Might Also Like

0 comments: