english,

Literary (Submission): No Sense

3/18/2016 09:47:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



I promised you my sense of sight
How your eyes sparkled like stars in the night
I thought we would survive but you didn't even try
You just made me cry

I promised you my sense of hearing
How soft your voice is while you're singing
But now every time I hear a song
I want to shut it up and ask "What's wrong?"

I promised you my sense of smell
I love the smell of your hair and the way it fell
But all I did was sniff while I sob
As I was writing this poem for a pub

I promised you my sense of taste
The sweetness of your lips cannot be replaced
But now everything seems bitter
Because you gave up and left me to wither

I promised you my sense of touch
The feel of your skin, I loved so much
Now every time I'm touched, it stings
Because I gave you my everything

And now I think this poem doesn't make sense
And maybe it is all just false pretense
Some say promises are meant to be broken
But for me, promises are commitments--
Better done rather than spoken

You Might Also Like

0 comments: