english,

Literary: Partly Cloudy

3/18/2016 09:25:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



TIME: 6:00 P.M.
I am dumbfounded.

Just more than an hour ago, we had one of our worst fights. Just more than an hour ago, it felt like everything was falling apart, getting darker, and slowly drifting away. Just more than an hour ago, I screamed what I didn’t mean and whispered what I really did.
But now, it’s as if none of that happened.

I watched as you pushed your hair to the side after laughing too hard from one of my stupid jokes. I watched as you smiled while losing to me in a thumb wrestling match. I gazed into your eyes after interrupting you ever so rudely by saying “You’re so beautiful”, and was answered by a loving slap to the cheek.
But afterward, you held my stare, and time slowly crawled to a halt.

TEMPERATURE: 32°C
I knew full well we couldn’t stay like that for long.

The heat outside was something else. It was enough to make me lose a bit of spring in my step and make my palms all sweaty.
But you still took my hand in yours.

In a brief moment of madness, I was tempted to let go. It would’ve been to break free of your grasp, since my hands were already slippery, and you didn’t really grip my hand all that well. I wanted to leave. It would’ve been easier for the both of us.
But then you squeezed my hand, and continued to drag me along.



PRECIPITATION: None
“I’m scared.”

If you only knew that I’m just as scared as you are.

“I don’t know.”

As if I ever did.

“But I know we can make it work. Can’t we?”

All my doubt rushed up to my throat, but I said none of it. I felt hope flowing in your sweet voice. Every word ebbed with love. The fluid motion of your lips told me that everything was going to be just fine.
But rain started to pour, anyway.

WINDS: N 6 MPH
I didn’t want you to go.

You pushed me back before I even I said anything. This was already routine with us, after all. I hugged you and asked you to stay just a bit longer. In turn, I got a punch to the gut. I pulled away and said my farewell.
But then you pulled me back

And let me kiss you, anyway.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: