arrow,

Literary (Submission): My Dear

3/22/2016 09:58:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



For years, I felt isolated and morose, like a weeping tree amidst meadows. I got used to this kind of routine everyday, trying to hide and conceal the pain away. Never in my whole life have I met a man who can bring me to Neverland like Peter Pan. Ever since I caught sight of him, I began to feel that I’m in an endless dream. I didn’t realize I have been shot by Eros’s arrow, indicating a promise that I’ll never let him go.

-----

Not a single day comes that I don’t think of her—a woman who seemed to be life’s greatest offer. I saw the lights shimmer in her eyes as I turned her sordid life into paradise. Memories shared were filled with joy and laughter. I promised myself that she would be my happily ever after.

After a few years of going strong and steady, I said to myself that I am now ready. I’ve always wanted you to stay the same but I think it would be better if I change your name. So as I talked to you early in the morning, I asked if you would mind taking my company later in the evening. I carefully studied your reaction as I waited. And at last, a promise came, saying that you won’t be late.

During the last hours of preparation, the moon finally came together with the stars that spell out your name. I took a rest and waited patiently as the wind sang to me a perfect harmony. Never did I expect that a knock on the door could mean so much more. I gently opened it with a smile forming, as I see you in a simple white dress as if ready for our wedding. All night long we tried to capture each moment until I realized that it’s time for the final event. I swore to myself that I won’t allow anything that might stop us from saying our vows. But as I hold the ring that will start it all, I received an unexpected call. I answered it as I recognized the number; the call was coming from your mother. She has not yet finished her story as I looked at your face saying sorry. A smile followed by a drop of tear, is my last memory of you, my dear.

-----

Elation was what I have always felt. Even after asking me out, you still make my knees melt. But tonight… tonight would be so much different because I promised to love you in the past, future, and present. I took a while to pick a red dress from the pile. All day long I was thinking of you—how you are everything that I wanted, how our undying love for each other is in my heart, embedded.

I collected my things and went straight to the car. I felt an ache in my heart and suddenly the door seemed too far. I tried so hard to ignore the pain but my eyesight started to wane. I can feel Death standing by my side, silently watching as I sense my consciousness slowly fading. A promise made a long time ago, haunts me in the form of a tear. So I swore to myself that I would come for you, my dear.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: