english,

Literary: Wooden Bench

3/03/2016 09:02:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



This is where it all started, on this bench.

This is where I first met you. I had just moved to this city, fresh start, new faces, I didn't know anyone. I longed to explore, my walking in random directions brought me here. Somehow by fate, destiny, or whatever, you were here, too.

I saw you and you were writing something, you moved the pen so swiftly across the page. You stopped to think and tapped the pen on your notebook several times until you loosened your grip and it flew at my feet. Being the nice person I am, I gave it back to you.

And from that moment we became friends… then more than friends. I thought we would last a lifetime.

This is also where it all ended, on this bench.

I still remember that night when you told me that you can’t do it anymore. When you told me that you have grown tired of loving me, I saw my world come crashing down. That’s when realized that nothing was the same anymore.

You know, I still come here every week. Searching for ways to somehow clean debris in my life and possibly build myself back up again.

Although one day things turned out different.

I sat down on the same spot but before I did, there was someone on the other side.

I decided to start a conversation, thinking maybe I just need someone to talk to.

Somehow she had the same hair as you do, she did her scarf the same way as you do, and the same voice as you do...

It was good to see you, Mandy. It's been two years.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: