english,

Literary: Notification

3/03/2016 09:44:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



A billion years ago, one star exploded and died out. Its dust reached the face of the earth and wove two individuals—you and me.

The earth, however, decided to rebel against its own creator. It made rivers and seas from voids and mountains and hills out of barren planes in its frustration.

You and I were standing upon the sphere’s surface as one chunk of land turned into fragments of different kinds. We gradually parted and we could only helplessly watch.

Thankfully, throughout this timeline, you and I met at different places at different times.

Brussels, 1802
We met when you and I decided to apply for the paper.

Paris, 1875
Sharing coffee on a winter night.

New York, 1963
An accidental phone call.

And now: Manila, 2016
You are currently 3 years older than me, and we’ve been dating for a year.

We are of the same stardust.

In effect, our conversations would reach the same conclusions. We could finish one another’s sentences and share the same sentiments.

But unfortunately, this time, you are once again seas apart from me.

Though every time I receive a notification, I am reminded of how someone 2,818 km away from where I am has managed to become the closest to my heart.

I want you to know that even if words will fail to explain how I feel, I will make sure that this distance will not hinder both of us from reaching one another.

I still have a million more ways to show you how grateful I am for you.
Be it Skype calls, plane rides...
Or another hundred lives spent with you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: