english,

Literary: Wherever

3/03/2016 08:43:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



To the boy over “there,”

Sometimes I wonder about the very definition of love.

This world has taught me that love
Is to be determined by “here,”
That being “far” is love’s greatest enemy,
That “proximity” makes love flawless,
That “present” means the immediate,
That “here” is where you should be.

And if not, it is not love.

But one thing the world forgot to mention
Is that love can also be “there,”
That “far” can mean “I’m coming soon,”
That “distance” helps us grow,
That “present” can be something for later,
That “there” can be where we both are.

And yes, I deem that love.

I know we are worlds apart,
but every word I read from you
slowly but steadily
builds itself a home in my heart
as they tie loose heartstrings
to a promise of “together.”

Every syllable works
to fill up the void,
to create a sense of belonging,
to complete the nooks and crannies,
in between my fingers
that, as for now,
continue to look for yours.

I know that “here” is where you are not right now,
But I believe that “there” is where we can both be.

Love,
The girl from over “here”

You Might Also Like

0 comments: