english,

Literary: Places We'll Never See

3/03/2016 09:31:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




As you rush forward leaving only your silhouette in your wake,
I am left here constantly reminded of the places we'll never see:

A solemn glade
Which we visit at night, illuminated by countless fireflies
Whose lights symbolize memories of you I hold dear.

A joyous concert
Where, as we were serenaded by the angelic choir
You shyly rested your weary head upon my shoulder.

A pleasant park
Where children's dreams are yet to be known
I smile as I hold your hand for my dream has been realized.

Yet, the only option that I have is to walk back and forth across the hallway
To have a glimpse of you with him
Just to pour salt on my wounds a little bit more
For it to heal it faster

I would have brought you to a thousand different places
If only you gave my love a chance.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: