english,

Literary (Submission): Holding on to a Promise

3/22/2016 10:06:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




It used to be so easy with you
You made me happy with everything you do
Now you make my efforts seem nothing at all
And it made me think: Was it worth the fall?

I miss the times when I didn’t have to worry about anything
Now it gets harder with the problems these days bring
And even if I want to go back and rewind
Shots of confusion still linger in my mind

I’m tired. I don’t even know how I’m still holding on
Even though all my hopes could already be gone
But I’m not saying I’m letting go
Because I’d still be here even if you don’t know

Don't be afraid to let it go
If it's meant to be, you will know
Not everything that falls lands on the ground
Some fly to a new place and wait to be found

But the problem is I didn’t land on ground
Instead I landed on a pool of love where I drowned.
Yet I learned to swim without any rest
And I swam toward you and never left.

I want you to know
I promise to never leave the ones who stay
Though the stars may not align
And the world may turn away
I promise to understand all the signs
And be there when the stars and planets in our skies align
But I don’t know how a promise would fix things
That some actions cannot

I never wanted to make a promise
Because it always ends up hurting
But for you, I’d do anything.
All I want you to know is that I’m trying
And that no matter what I’m not stopping
That’s a promise I’ll never break
Because losing you once was an unforgettable mistake

You Might Also Like

0 comments: