english,

Literary: Where Did My Friends Go?

4/06/2019 08:12:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




“Where did my friends go?”
Alone in this suffocating abode
Them only by my side
Always I would count them off my fingers
One, two, three, four, five
And then I heard a rumor
That one pointed the blame to me
That two would waggle the bad finger at me, the failure I always had to be
That three’s relationship fell apart, sad, sad pieces I couldn’t take to heart
That four felt so small next to my looming shadow
And that five, watching my every move, would always give me his sign of disapproval
Their voices were toxic
So I cut them off like I should’ve done a long time ago
Then sat down to have dinner
Until I realized that I couldn’t feel them with me like I used to
And I screamed and screamed as it looped in my head
“Where did my friends go?”

You Might Also Like

0 comments: