english,

Literary (Submission): Sharing This Room

4/27/2019 09:03:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





The room turned bright when she said, "You missed me little boy, didn't you?"

She raised me up and up above her head then held me close to her chest and shoulders. I didn't think that anything could make this room any brighter until she said, “I have a surprise for you.”

“What is it? What is it?” I asked, but of course all she heard were my giddy “arfs” and “woofs.”

I sniffed her bag. Nope, not my favorite treat. I sniffed again. Nope, it does not smell like a brand new toy.

On the third sniff, I gave up and barked at her. “Okay, okay. Calm down,” she said as she put me down. She unzipped her big, big bag to let out a small, small surprise.

What is it? It looks like a ball of fluff--a toy afterall!

...But it seems a bit different compared to the ball she gave me on my last--what did she call it?-- bow-day? bird-day? birthday? Yes! I think that's right.

She put it down next to me and I noticed that it is quite odd with those two shiny beads embedded on it. I ambled towards it to take a closer look. Wah! It moved! Am I seeing things right?

And a one, two, three--it does move!

I stared at it and it let out a little “woof.” It looks just like me!

“Are you glad to have a new friend?” she asked.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: