english,

Literary (Submission): Drowning in an Inch of Paradise

5/04/2018 09:13:00 PM Media Center 1 Comments





I veer through smoke and mirrors
And I see no sunlight on the other side.
I see a tiny ray from a flashlight.
But that's it.
Not even enough to light up
This small darkness in my palms.

I veer through smoke and mirrors
And I see no rainbow nor butterflies.
I see but a tine drop of indigo
And a pair of tattered wings.
Not even enough to save innocence
From shaking death's hand

I am played
With the strings attached to my arms.
And the masters are smart enough
To make my strings made of
Licorice and not of chains
And I am enough of a fool to keep nibling on them

But I am tired
Of trying to chase after red laser lights.
I am tired
Of gasping at simple sleight of hands
I am tired
Of all the gimicks.

So the next time
I veer through smoke and mirrors.
I am gonna break all those goddamn mirrors.
And I am gonna get high on all those smoke.

You Might Also Like

1 comment: