english,

Literary: The Still Life of Antonio

5/26/2018 08:01:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





As he walked across the room
Everyone would notice
Antonio

He had some sort of grandeur about him
No one ever seemed to understand
Some sort of elegance
Only he had

A square jaw, aquiline nose
Head held high, strong build
Every man wanted to be him
And every woman wanted to be with him

This beautiful man
Was painted by an artist
His beauty immortalized
On a canvas

The softness of his skin
Captured by the oils
The sparkles in his eyes
Harnessed by the bristles

The still life of Antonio
Now hangs upon a wall
Of a meager antique shop
Where we now stand

As you look upon the face
Of dear, dear Antonio
I gaze at yours
My dear, dear Antonio

How I can only dream
Of immortalizing you myself
Upon a paper
In between lines and letters

For I cannot capture your beauty, grandeur and build
Through gouache and tempera
I can only try with great faith
And syntax and meter

For I am just a poet
Who can only hope to match
The great artist before me
Who managed to get
Antonio

You Might Also Like

0 comments: