english,

Literary: The Voice of a Baby

5/11/2018 08:47:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




When people stop to stare, never see
a child inside a crib is all I seem to be
but confined in a safe, voiceless, prison for sheep
will never condemn my curious eyes to fall asleep

Though people block my mind with honeyed words and flowers
I can still see the kingdom and the lies of those in power
and as I look at the jesters' dance for the king
I can hear the loud song that their people would sing

I don’t pretend to know what lies beyond the walls
Yet I cannot stand idle as I watch this nation fall
so divided as our hate creates doors that we shut
This, a free nation? We are anything but

I see people forced to silence by parrots perched up high
Scholars put to prison for asking, “Why should I?”
Forced to simply follow and abide by all the rules
by fools who just believe we are all just useless tools

They've built us a maze where we are the mice
Not in the least do they think about the price
They never showed guilt for the 'mice' that they've killed
Because others are mesmerized by the walls that they've built

People want to be children, they like feeling safe
They are adults inside cribs, 'cause they try to avoid chafe
They forget that being 'safe' allows chains in your mind
and they freely ignore others, because they are blind

Engrossed with the present, but they never unwrap it
In this unknowing truth, they only submit
but some do believe in the treasure beyond
past the alliances masked men have bond

We rise from a previous keeper of our being
and as we slowly stand, we end up seeing
something dark and scary in our nation afoot
And suddenly, guns begin to shoot

You Might Also Like

0 comments: