english,

Literary (Submission): Brush Stroke

5/26/2018 09:44:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





A brush between my fingers
A blank canvas on its stand
"Just paint what's on your mind,"
They said, "Paint with what's in your hands."

And so the brush strokes trail the surface
Painting pictures of the past
Outlining them in black and white
Because memories just don't last

Once again I looked back
At the chances I didn't take
The words I didn't say
The decisions I didn't make

Once again I looked back
Though it's hard to reminisce
Every mistake I made
Each opportunity I missed

I don't stop the brush strokes
'Til the thoughts are off my mind
Until there is no blank space left
Until the memories are painted here
And not in the past

Then I stand back and look
At the painting in front of me
A dense dark mass of regret
Is all that I could see

So I open a can of fresh new paint
The room is silent, no words are said
As I cover each and every memory
With a coat of deep red

You Might Also Like

0 comments: