english,

Literary: Vertigo

5/11/2018 08:22:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Fear and love is all I’ve ever known.
I’ve always been the one to reap what I’ve sown.
Blows to my head if I go the wrong way,
Do you still care or are you staying just to stay?

I still see the fire burn behind your eyes,
Do you feel better now that you’ve put out mine?
Manipulation tactics, murder in the third degree
You told me I’m still yours, then you threatened me.

I miss the times when you were gentle and kind
I hate this persona that you now hide behind.
Can I see the person you were once before?
Will you stay or do you not care anymore?

I jump over landmines, tripwires, and traps,
Hide my heart ‘till the time it might collapse.
You only attack, I only dodge what you throw,
When you show your love, I’m lost in vertigo.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: