english,

Literary (Submission): Stradivarius

5/26/2018 09:21:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





For a painter paints his imaginings
On canvas and paper
Let me paint my longing
Upon silence

Let me spill my sadness
Across music sheets
Let them tear their way
Across the staffs

Let my agony dance
In between sharps and flats
My tears reflected
On 16th notes and stops

And as I bring
My sadness into life
I hope you see
The cause of my strife

As I glide my bow
Upon these four strings
May you feel the melancholy
That you brought

As the melody steadies
May you hear how I felt
As I look at you
As you look in my eyes

As the hum goes to piano
May you feel that night
When I last held your hand
And it was quiet

Nothing but the hum
Of the shining stars themselves
And the soft beats
Now unsynchronized

As the tune goes andante
May you hear
The flow of my tears
While the night starts to fade

As pitch heightens
And my fingers skim across the fingerboard
May you hear the sound of broken glass
Akin to breaking hearts

Let my fortissimo
Upon the thickest string
Mask the flat—
As you fade along with the night

As the timbre goes somber
And the yearning goes to a resolve
I hope you hear me, my angel
From up there where you belong

You Might Also Like

0 comments: