english,

Literary: Life by Design

5/11/2018 08:35:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Here’s the truth: I’ve long planned my life.

I’ve already planned what I’ll do and where I’ll go. I aimed high and I knew exactly what to do to reach these, years and years before you met me.

I always knew what to say, what to do, how to behave. Always the right words, the right clothes, the
right people, the right places.

I’ve thought of possible hindrances, possible deviations from my plans. I knew how to solve these.

I plan ahead. That’s what I was good at.

Or at least that’s what I thought.

Life was going well according to plan. Then suddenly, you.

I never saw you coming. I wasn’t quite prepared.

And that scared me.

You were unlike everything I’ve ever known. No plans or sets of rules can define nor confine you, and there was nothing I hated more than a puzzle left unsolved, a person I can’t pin down.

I tried to pull you in, I tried to push you out. Still, I didn’t know what to do with you.

As I write this, I can say I finally have this figured out. I finally have you figured out.

My attempts at intricate planning will never work when it comes to you. Why? Because there is no need for such. There never was.

You always had been meant for me. You are here by a much greater design. And now that I know this, now that I let fate decide, everything finally starts to fall into place.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: