english,

Literary (Submission): Blank Slate

5/26/2018 09:24:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





I am a blank slate.
A canvas, a free medium.
All white with no borders,
Untainted and at peace.

I like how clean I am.
Original, neat, and unchanged.
But one day I was suddenly picked,
And placed on a wooden stand.

Blue entered the picture.
It was all over the top.
Along with white, airy, shapes
That formed the sky.

Then green came along.
It was all over the bottom,
With uneven triangular shapes,
That formed the grass.

Then came yellow and red and brown.
The space became messier.
Then maroon and purple and orange.
What was once untouched is now destroyed.

I am no longer a blank slate.
I am a painting with a story,
A platform where an artist was free,
To make nothing into something

It’s sometimes nice to destroy the peace,
And look at what you’ve become.
Now that the blank slate is already tainted,
Only the colors show its true potential.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: