literary,

Literary (Submission): Still

10/14/2016 08:45:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






They say wishes do come true,
so I spent all my 11:11s on you.
Every star and wishing well
is a story that hurts to tell.

It started when the stars fell from the sky
I wished for you and I don’t know why.
Maybe it’s just that I wanted you and me
to be a simple us and we.

My list of wishes unexpectedly grew
I was hoping that maybe you’ll come true.
Our short story became a novel
the day I threw a wish at a well.

You painted my life that once was blue,
now it’s filled with memories of you.
I can’t wait to tell everyone about you and me,
how our love is true and will always be.

You were a caterpillar and I was your cocoon,
together we watched the sun and moon.
I embraced you every night and day,
we would’ve been great if only you stayed.

You left me without saying goodbye
the moment you turned into a butterfly.
I should be angry at you and at the gods above,
but it’s hard to keep a grudge from someone you love.

After all that happened between you and me,
I think it is not impossible to bring back us and we.
So if wishes really do come true,
I’d still wish for me and you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: