black butterfly,

Literary (Submission): One Year

10/14/2016 09:06:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






‘Twas a cold January eve
We were sitting on a bench
But on opposite ends
You were cold, so was I
And from the corner of my eye, I saw you shiver
I gave you my coat,
You gave me your trust.

Almost a month has passed,
Our friendship grew fast.
We even spent Valentine’s together,
I thought we’d be friends forever.

What is this feeling?
Two months after our first meeting,
I get nervous, my mouth is dry
Even when you’re just walking by.

Spring has come, my love has sprung,
I fell for you too fast.
There is nothing to break my fall,
Loving you is inevitable.

It was soon May, the season of the sun
We were walking together just for fun.
I want to say it, but my mouth is shut,
All the words are at a halt.

June came around and you said you were leaving
Accepted in a university where you applied
The fact that you were going hit me like a truck
And I said to myself, “I guess that’s that.”

It was July, the month of your flight
I was there by your side, saying goodbye
Then out of the blue, you said, “I love you.”
Just before you left, all that I said
Was a puny “Thank you.”

Two months passed,
I’m still not over you
I look at the mirror at my messed-up face
And the memories of you that I can’t erase

I wish I could go back in time
I would find the courage to say the words
I would not hold back
I would give up anything, everything to be with you again.

Finally in December, the last month of the year
I let go of the feelings I have for you
I accepted the fact that we’re not meant to be together
And I searched for the happiness that I once lost
You may not have stayed in my life
But you will always be my first love

‘Twas a cold January eve
I was sitting on that bench
On the very same end
From the corner of my eye, I saw you shiver
I gave you my coat,
You were finally back
But it didn’t matter anymore

You Might Also Like

0 comments: