athousandMCwords,

Literary: "I Do."

10/28/2016 08:57:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






You were dancing along ahead of me.
“You really love saying that don’t you?” I said with a smile.
“I do!” you cheered.
I balanced along the bricks of the sidewalk
“Do you ever want to get married?”I asked as my smile grew bigger.
“I do,” you stated with a small giggle.
“Aaand you know that I love you, right?” I inquired while walking faster, trying to catch up to you.
“I do,” you answered as you twirled and circled around me
“So why don’t we get married?” I asked, louder than I would’ve wanted.
“I...don’t want to,” you said as your dance slowed and got closer to me.
“Why?” I’m trying to reach out to you and dance along.
“I have my reasons.” You’re avoiding my attempts to get to you, and so you stumble and fall.
You just kept laughing even though you fell and scraped your knee. I took out my handkerchief and wrapped it around your wound.
“Geez, it’s like you’re not even hurt!” I exclaimed while helping you get up on your feet.
“Of course I get hurt, silly, it’s just that I don’t show it,” you explained as you ran ahead of me like nothing happened.
I stopped right there and watched you run, back turned to me.
“Hey!” I shouted, calling out to you.
“Do you ever get sad, then?” I asked.
You turned to me with a tear-stained face.
“I do.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments: