literary,

Literary (Submission): Icarus in Love

10/14/2016 09:32:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






You were the sun
And I, your distant admirer,
Hapless
Unfortunate
To love, to venerate, to worship you
A dream
A fantasy
A fancy
To watch your brightness from a million miles away
Your gentle light kissing my skin
So close but so far
Stuck
In prison-like walls                 
A maze                                                                       
I created to separate myself
From the rest of the world
From your brightness
From your beauty
From the perfection
Unblemished, untouched, uncharted

Called “you”

You were the sun
An unknowing source of light
A source of life
The fountain of vitality
And on your head
A magnificent crown of fire
Burning
With feeling
With passion
With desire
You called my name
A voice more melodious than music
Finer than gossamer
Purer than gold
Better than anything
You, the sun, my god
Called to me

I, your hapless admirer,
Heard your voice
A dream no longer
Reality, truth, awake
The walls I made
Broken down in moments too short
Wanting you
Needing you
With fervent wanton, with ecstatic ardor
Your impassioned admirer
Your disciple
Your subject
Your slave
On wings of love, wanting, excitement
Flew to the sky
My god’s home
My heaven

Love
Is a joyous feeling
Is a fleeting feeling
An ephemeral flight
You were the sun
And yet you were not alone in the sky
For I saw other stars
Far brighter than you

I, your dubious admirer,
Have flown too high
Seen too much
And the love is gone
The flight, done

The fall has begun

You were the sun
And I, your former admirer,
Eyes lifeless
Fixated on the sky
On the stars behind you
On your past glory
My body, destitute,
In the dark, salty waters of my remorse,

Floating for eternity

You Might Also Like

0 comments: