halcyon,

Literary (Submission): Indecisive

10/14/2016 09:16:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






In my eyes, I see two sides of you
The side that I love, and the side that I hate
The one that smiles at me and suddenly makes everything okay
And the one that frowns asking, “Why is he in school today?”

In my ears, I can hear two songs of you
The one I listen to and the one I always skip
The song that resonates, “I’ll always be there for you.”
The other that says, “We’re just friends. What’s new?”

In my mind, I have two thoughts of you
The one that makes me dream and the one that keeps me awake
The one that thinks, “My feelings she will reciprocate.”
And the one that thinks, “My time and effort she will waste.”

I like you but I kind of hate the way you are
I want you near but I also want you far
I want you here in my heart
But at the same time I don’t because you might tear it apart
Is there anything that could give direction
And ease this lost heart?

When someone wants something
He chooses one of two things:
To ask for something that never was
Or to change something that is

So what am I supposed to do
When you, who make me lost in reverie,
Also drag me to a cruel reality.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: