contre jour,

Literary (Submission): Reason

2/16/2017 08:33:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






We were sitting, talking, laughing
And you suddenly asked,
“Why do you like me?”
And the world fell silent

Images and memories and ideas
Rushed through my head

Your face illuminated
By mellow moonlight
As you peered out of the dark
To gaze at the stars

Your hug encompassing, warm
Despite the futile attempt
By one so awkward and cold
To hug you back

Your palm against mine
As we put them together
Reminding me that there’s a hand
To hold on to, always

Your presence, effervescent
With liveliness and energy
Which spreads and causes vigor
To rush through my veins

And your mere presence, inspiring
Pulling me out of the depths,
Spurring, encouraging me,
To weave my words to verse

I blinked and saw you,
And I simply said,
“You’re great.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments: