english,

Literary (Submission): Second Lead Syndrome (SLS)

2/17/2017 09:32:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments







EPISODE 1
Our story starts on a normal day….
I was with you, my chingu, walking around aimlessly
“I like you” you blurted out in a hurry
Because of my shock, I almost choked
But you just laughed and told me it was just a joke

Dismissing your crazy prank, I smiled and giggled, too
When suddenly a tall and handsome oppa passed, then and there I knew
He was going to be my leading man
And the untamed beating of my heart began
And chingu was left forgotten…..

EPISODE 2
First day of a new school year….
Oppa was a new student here! This must be fate
But sadly, he was older and not my classmate
As expected, girls from everywhere tried to get his attention
And I’m just here, far away, filled with hidden admiration
And chingu was still left forgotten…..

EPISODE 3
Months have passed…
I still don’t have the courage to approach him
But with chingu’s support, my heart filled to the brim with hope
So I sent him a note and revealed my identity
I was prepared to be liked back, but he just ignored me
And chingu was still left forgotten….

EPISODE 4
For weeks…
All that came out of my mouth was regret
Oppa’s uninterested face I could not forget
You replied, “Forget him already, find someone new,”
“Find someone who really deserves you.”
But chingu’s words were forgotten…..

EPISODE 5
Once again….
I tried my best to make him notice my efforts and maybe show a little care
I did everything, from writing poems to cutting my hair
But I grew tired of chasing someone who doesn’t see me
I guess I wasn’t cut out to be his leading lady
All along, chingu was by her side but still forgotten….

EPISODE 6
Then something shocking happened….
Oppa talked to me out of the blue
I didn’t respond because I didn’t know how to
He spent time with me, more each day
But I was hesitant and didn’t want to stay

He was adored by my other friends and even my mom
I guess I adored him, too, but now, my heart is calm
They were rooting for us, wanted us to end up together
But, after all his indifference before, I now knew better
Will chingu be remembered now?

EPISODE 7
I don’t need someone to grab my wrist to stop me from leaving
Or someone to deliver cheesy lines and have looks that are breathtaking
I don’t need someone to swoop in and do a heroic deed
I realized I don’t need a K-drama lead


EPISODE 8
Because all along….
You were always by my side
The one who comforted me whenever I cried
The one who endured the agony of pretending he was fine
You, the chingu who shared this agony mine

You, the one who stayed along the sidelines, watching from afar
The one who kept his feelings locked up in a jar
You might not be the star of the show
But even after over a hundred episodes, my love for you can only grow

…I was meant to choose you.

THE END

You Might Also Like

0 comments: