english,

Literary: Stargaze

2/17/2017 08:08:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Barely in the present tense
I can sense your presence
You’re right beside me
And as I glanced at you, I see
That you were lit up with glee

Lying down on a bed of leaves,
Exchanging thoughts and fantasies,
As we are beneath the stars,
All throughout the night,
Everything just felt and seemed so right

As we shared
Bits of information,
The air was filled
With a sweet sensation,
As you said to me
That Valentine’s Day is special
And you chose to spend
This moment, with me

Your existence is unprecedented;
It crowds the space,
Where my ideas dwell
Distorting facets of reality,
Such as sight and smell

At that time,
When we were with each other,
We were happy
In close proximity
The level of positivity
Is beyond any other feeling

I hoped that it would not end,
For it was everything
That the extent of my mind
Could have ever imagined

Yet, it was just that:
Another one of my fascinations,
Another common daydream.
As you got closer to me
An unknown force
Somehow reminded me
And pushed me back into reality

You Might Also Like

0 comments: