english,

Literary: Me

2/16/2017 08:18:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






Poems, songs, stories.

I’ve written all these things about our love: how it started, how it felt, how it ended.

I even wrote something for him to know that I’ve written a lot about us, and that he has been a part of a universe I wrote about; a universe only a handful of people know about.

But now that I’ve moved on, I’ve realized that it’s about time I write about a different love story, about a different kind of freedom I can’t explain.

I’ll be writing about myself.

I am my own Valentine and the love of my life. It’s a more important love, I think. I know I cannot love with all my heart until I love myself.

I’m not afraid that I don’t have a Valentine this year and probably even in the next few years. I’ll be thinking about me, not because he told me so and I agreed, but because no one deserves love from me more than myself.

It won’t be “I love you” from now on, because it’s time to love me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: