bahaghari,

Literary: What Is Love?

2/16/2017 07:30:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





I often ask,
“What is love?”

“God is love.”
“Love is unconditional.”
“Love is patient, love is kind...”-

People have often mistaken love
As a wonderland
Where everything is always full of joy
And the affection is never-ending

But these are definitions
That only a fool would believe.

I, myself have been a fool
Thinking love is a game
Where winning is ending up with her
And losing means playing again with someone else

And then someone told me
That above all definitions
There is one that sums it all up-
“Love is a commitment.”

A commitment
It is “an engagement”
Or “an obligation
That restricts freedom of action”

A commitment
Is a long-term relationship
That requires
Endless sacrifice

One thing I’ve learned is

Love isn’t always there.
In the long run, it will fade
But if you’re committed
You will always choose to stay.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: