dawson,

Literary: The Reason Behind Life

9/01/2018 08:55:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Sometimes life gets to you when you least expect it.

I went home early from school
I had no reason to stay
Classes were over and my friends were busy
So, I guess it was time to rest

As soon as I stepped foot inside my room
I let myself fall to the bed, or the floor
My sudden tiredness enveloped me
Rendering me weak and helpless
I had no reason to think where I’ll end up

I got overwhelmed by everything, all at once
I overthought and overthought
And I let it all out
I was alone
I had no reason to keep it all in and hide

I lay in bed
Dehydrated from a much needed release
Close to defeat against the monsters of anxiety for my numbered tomorrows
And deep regret caused by unchangeable yesterdays
After a long day of bright sunny smiles and the purest, most genuine laughter
I cried

I had no reason really at that time
I wasn’t sad or angry, even happy, to make it clear
I was in the middle of an emotionless crossfire of feelings, blank
My thoughts piled up inside my head
I didn’t know how long I could go on
With unending uncertainty of what will happen next
And the bothering finality of what has already become

And as the afternoon light holds my hand
While the dimness of my room enfolds me in its arms
I felt a sense of peace come over me
I realized that I am fine and I came to terms with my fears
I am the product of my euphoria and despair
Of my highest highs, feeling immortal and infinite
And my lowest lows in the pitfalls of my everyday life
I had no reason to worry
I will be all right
I am all right

You Might Also Like

0 comments: