cerise peony,

Literary: Daughterless Mother

9/11/2018 08:03:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Masked child, motherless daughter,
bury me dear and bury me forever.
For not once will I ever hear your delicate laughter,
listen to you whisper stories in my ear,
feel the curl of your little, tapered fingers,
stroke your curly, ebony hair that so mirrored mine,
or even gaze at my own deep brown eyes through yours.
For if one is to save a life, another needs to give.
The barren white walls that had caged me
shall now be replaced with tight, creeping corners,
and the soothing, yet lonely cover of darkness.
But do not fret, my sweet child.
Go forth into the world awaiting you with open arms.
Surround yourself with uplifting smiles and lively chatter.
Let your footsteps carry you to bridges, to places,
for my heartbeat is now yours to feel,
and my breath, now your future.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: