dreaMCometrue,

Literary (Submission): Stars

9/24/2015 09:14:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



The scent of newly cut grass, the warm air that dissipates into a cold breeze, the blue sky that fades into vibrant shades of orange, soothes me while I lay here. As the big ball of fire, begins to hide out of sight, mystery crawls into the desolate night.

With just a blink of an eye, everything was dark. Nothing to see, everything to hear… a blind man became of me.

“Look up!" a faint voice from afar awoke me and lifted me up, to the sky that cradles the stars.

The little lights fill the space, staying still all this time. Their undying beauty is known in the whole universe. But no one seems to notice, for they're busy dreaming, fantasizing.

I stare at them in awe, mesmerized by their glow. I can feel them touch my hand. I write stories about them. About the queen ant and her soldiers, protecting their home. Some ants fall, but that's the most amazing sight of all.

So many things I can do with them, although I start to feel a sudden mood swing. As the bright night sky turns into a gloomy scene, the stars decrease in numbers.

I gently lay down back to the soft grass. Slowly close my eyes, to avoid a glimpse of the rising ball of fire. But the glare hit me, along with a soft hand touching mine.

I opened my eyes, and saw the collection of stars inside her eyes.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: