dreaMCometrue,

Literary: I Am

9/24/2015 08:53:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



Most days have different routines
Such as beating some eggs
or brewing coffee beans
But when I wake up,
I am something new,
Something that isn't quite me,
Yet something quite true.

I am the sun that shines
On these asphalt streets
Smiling courteously and such
With merry ringing greets

I am the rose that tells
Of quiet love stories
Hushed by terrible fears
Yet innocent worries

I am midnights filled with thoughts
Dying moments in ink
With flaws kissed by blots

I am the morning rush
Racing figures and lines
As canvas meets brush

I am tragic as they tried
I am tough, tested, and tried
I am gentle and soft
I am one who once thought
That I am one who could not.

Yet I am young with these plans in mind
And with my roaring soul,
With these fears free,
I am no longer blind
And these dreams are what make me,
As I write, as I love, as I learn
As I thank,
As I draw, as I believe, as I yearn

From now on, I will forever be
The girl who can,
Because I am me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: