capulet,

Literary (Submission): Fantasy in Reality

9/24/2015 09:19:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



I never knew how perfect a single moment could be -
As if every sweet aroma, every glorious sound,
Every fleeting kiss the cold breeze would leave upon my cheek,
Was destined to be right here at this exact time
Presenting themselves before me,
Coaxing me to surrender to their beauty
While the sun hid and retired into the abode only it knows

Everything played out like a dream, a lucid reverie -
And the stars above, my only witnesses
I wandered around, not knowing my destination
Until my eyes discovered another, drowned in deep slumber.
I quickened my pace towards him, fresh with earnest curiosity
But he remained placid, unshaken, undisturbed.

"Look up!" I said to him, as the stars danced above us
But all I could elicit was the sound of steady breathing
So I settled beside him and wallowed, on my own,
At the beauty of that moment, still perfect and flawless,
Without a hint of interest in what would happen after it ends

For hours, we laid there, on the newly cut grass,
Yet not once did his face turn to meet mine
'My fantasy,' I thought, 'is nearing its ending.'
So I savored every last fragment I could grasp.

The sun slowly began to peek out from the horizon
But in truth, I didn't want that moment to end
"When will l see you again?" was all I could ask.

I took his hand, cold from the early morning air
And waited for the universe to snap me out of my trance

But when he opened his eyes and looked at me, I knew I wasn't dreaming.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: