literary,

Literary (Submission): A Love Letter

9/10/2015 09:37:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



To you,

Years have passed, times have changed, and I thought my feelings would too. You’ve taught me that feelings are not always right for someone can manipulate it. You’ve proven me wrong until this day. Before all this, before you... I was a song without a melody, a poem without a story. The word “love” wasn’t even in my dictionary. I never knew a four letter word would inspire me, motivate me, and would change me in more ways than one.

Love is happy, love is sad. Love can walk through the door anytime. Love is never sure at first but will eventually realize the truth. Love can be two-sided, but also unrequited. And in my life you are synonymous to love.

Every moment with you feels like I have all the time in the world to waste with you. Without you, I feel like time is slowly making me suffer. You’re the only one who understood me, through my problems and in the darkest of times. Without you, it feels like I'm lost in translation.

Love would also hurt much. There are no words that can describe the pain. There are times when memories hurt more than words, when remembering leaves the largest of scars. I couldn’t stop remembering, not what we were, but what we could’ve been.

Love could either be heartbreaking or that “kilig story” you’ve always wanted. But, love for me is regret. I keep remembering my tragedy. I keep to myself my thoughts on what we could’ve been. Like we could’ve been talking personally, sharing all the thoughts and stories. We could’ve been a couple as great and perfect as Romeo and Juliet. Though it’s too late now to be drowned in regrets, for memories stay the same and you couldn’t change a thing.

Love is the greatest cure for anything but also the simplest weapon of all. Love is my biggest regret but I don’t know why I keep repeating this mistake for there’s a feeling love gives that I just can’t let go of.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: