dreaMCometrue,

Literary: Don't Bother

9/24/2015 08:43:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



I glance at the sky
For a glimpse of a sign
Perhaps a divine message designed
To comfort my weary mind

For the who, what, why
Fill this messed up mind of mine
And the how, where, when
Follow this infinite line

Even as I sleep
My zzz’s I could never keep
As my dreams they contort
They distort, for a relief is a leap of an effort

They would never be complete
Running away from, racing to some
Powerful entity, divine, imaginary
A faceless space with an uncanny gaze

And then I would wake up
And “What’s up?” Well, guess what
Taunted, left torn, and tainted
There is no sweet in dreams that are haunted

Without a mission, I envision
A life with no passion
As I look for a purpose
I can only curse with these verses

This life that I lead
Left to plead with these dreams
For a divine sign in those uncanny eyes
No mission, no vision, only an entity reviled.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: