english,

Literary: Light after Dark

9/10/2015 07:50:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



I think about you all the time.
I still remember you like a nursery rhyme.

When I am not in the mood to interact
Or feel like I am going along the wrong track,
You would make me a cup of tea,
Grab a fruit from your favorite tree,
And even remind me to listen to my mp3
Just so I would feel happy and free.

Those were the good old days
When you would try to make me happy in various ways.

You would always tell me to look ahead
And not look back at the times that fled.
You saw the good in anyone,
No matter what they have done.
You were the one we could always lean on,
The one person we would depend on.

So on the day God called you home
Our hearts were shattered.
Yet we must learn to let you rest in peace,
To move on and say goodbye.
I know you are keeping an eye on us
As we journey on without you.

As you continue dancing inside the gates of heaven
And sharing the gift of love from up above,
All your teachings will stay with me,
I will do good things in your memory.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: