dreaMCometrue,

Literary: Maybe Tonight will be Different

9/24/2015 08:13:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



Just as the night is coming to a close and the festivities are learning the art of slowing down, you take my hand and we dance under the moonlight to an inaudible tune, as if we are the only two entities still standing despite the unending flurry of faces.

As the warm air sparks something inside me that I never knew was there, my body moves and I feel less human and more like an illusion, floating in zero gravity.

Tonight, we are not human. Tonight, we are a reverie.

I look into your eyes, but you are unable to hold my gaze. I smirk and chuckle but in truth, I think we are like people who are enticed by the idea of a beautiful vision but are unable to give their full attention to the process of achieving it.

You bring me closer with every step as we follow the beat of a tune coursing through our veins. But soon these steps are forcing us to dance away from the beat of each other’s hearts. I’d like to think nothing of it but somehow it resembles the way human beings choose to follow the beat of their heart but deviate from it as they go along with the dance of life.

You are everything I have ever wanted and you clutch my hand more tightly than a child who clings to his mother. But just like how people hold on tight to false hopes and unrealistic expectations, the tighter we hold on, the faster everything slips away.

We come to an abrupt stop and time freezes over as the air becomes stale with quiet breaths and inaudible goodbyes. Slowly, I feel less and less of the hand I was holding and the chilly silence grips each finger like an old friend I’ve grown apart from.

You turn your back on me. And in that moment, I remember… I am human.

And you?

You are just another dream I allowed to slip away.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: