dimples,

Literary: Not Your Typical Cinderella Story

9/10/2015 08:47:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments



It was 2 in the afternoon
When the news spread
In a snap, the whole town knew
That you'd be having a ball
And that you were in search
Of a girl that would best suit you
I knew, in that very moment,
That it was me you were looking for.

Just a few more hours of waiting,
And I'd be seeing you
I did my best to look good for you
And as I entered the hall
I couldn’t stop myself from looking
At you

The world stood still
When you walked towards me
I smiled at you and you smiled back
At her
You held her hand
And asked her for a dance

You both looked so happy,
Dancing your heart out
But the clock struck twelve
And she ran as fast as she could
Away from you

Days passed
But you were still looking for her
With that shoe she left
You've searched every household
Just to find the girl who left you

I did everything I could
To fit my foot in that little shoe
But then reality slapped me and said,
"It’s bad to try and fit in
In a world that's not meant for you."

It's funny that until now,
Every night, before I go to sleep
I still wish for a fairy godmother
I still wish for size 7 feet
I still wish to be her

But I keep reminding myself
That you're just a dream
I won’t be able to reach
And you're just a memory
I’m always going to keep
Because at the end of the day,
I’m still Anastasia,
And I will never be your Cinderella.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: