chord,

Literary: Departure

9/25/2018 08:30:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




When the stars align or fade from sight
I’ll be the day, you’ll be the night
These texts at night, you’ll get during the day
A thousand miles, in a faraway place

In this place, I’ll not be beside you,
When I am asleep, you’ll be up and about
While I stand here awake, you lay there asleep
As I wait for your texts and reply to missed calls

With a flight an hour away
I wish I could bring you, or maybe just stay
Not the place of my future, but the place I call home
When we’re pushed far by distance, I’m just a phone away

But maybe one day, I’ll come home and see the light
Where your days are my days, and your nights are my nights
A meeting in person, we’ll eventually find
Just not today or tomorrow or the week after that

With my time in the future and yours in the past
Just never forget I’m with you, and that’s that
And the time will come, it’s just mine’s running out
When I have to leave, as it’s time for my flight

You Might Also Like

0 comments: