literary,

Literary: Second Star to the Right

9/30/2016 08:31:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





Stuck and bored, day and night
Never left my zone, not even for a mile
To work till it's morning and bright
A life I had known for quite a while

Sighing and longing are no use to me
But I love looking out my window sill
To the stars spread out as far as my eye can see
A view so beautiful and so surreal

I want to be among them
I want to be up there
I want to be a shining gem
To soar without care

As soon as I feel like turning around
A boy, suddenly appeared, no older than me
With feet, not gravity-bound
And laughter so careless and free

He told me,

“You know, you’ve been wishing on the wrong star
See that one, the second to the right?
There, it doesn’t seem too far
To Neverland, it will guide you with its light

“Faith becomes the wings you need
To fly up there with me
And trust will surely do the deed
To be what you want to be

“Do you trust me?”

“How could I? I don’t know you.”

“Take my hand, let, whatever our fate is, be.”

With a naïve heart, I followed him and flew

To an unknown world, he took my hand
For a while, I didn’t want any other
But an adventure, so exciting and grand
Is bound to end one way or another
To end the unforgettable journey we had,
He faced me and smiled, as if it wasn’t sad

“It’s time to let go
But not to say goodbye
For saying goodbye is forgetting, don’t you know?”

And with that he left, back up to the sky

I waited and waited and waited
For the promise that he vowed
To never forget me as if we were fated
But the cry of my heart is too loud

I want to be numb
Because hoping for you is futile
Being young forever is too burdensome
So to wait this long is too brutal

But the memories of you
Were the only proof you were real
And my broken heart is evidence too
To the emotions I feel

But I’m still going to continue
To jump off the plank
Because I’m hoping you are still true
And to safety, you’d fly me back

You Might Also Like

0 comments: