beyondMC,

Literary: If I Could

9/23/2016 08:11:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments






If I could build a rocket
And leave everything behind,
The way you bid me goodbye
Without saying the reason why,
I would.

If I could stare into the sky
The way I used to stare into your eyes
That unlocked the inscrutable mysteries
Behind your lying tongue,
I would.

If I could be the gravity
That keeps me together,
The ‘me’ that you chose to break into pieces
So that you could start all over again,
I would.

If I could fill up the spaces
You left black and blank
With the bursting colors of the galaxy,
Like the stupendous future we could’ve had,
I would.

You used to be all that I revolve around,
My happiness, my everything, depended on you.
But now I see myself as my own sun,
Laughing and reliving life.

Now the universe for me,
No longer means “you.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments: