literary,

Literary: I Hope You Knew

9/30/2016 09:39:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments





I hope you knew
I have always wished for you

I guess what I’m trying to say is
I still cherish everything we had together
Even though it always kept me up all night.

All The late night calls that never happened
The ever short replies I never asked for
All the painful messages I tried to ignore
The unsent drafts that could’ve made things better

How we wrote every chapter together.
How you’ll always be my last dance and no other.
How we quoted song lyrics indirectly for one another
How we kept chasing deadlines but not each other
How our mutual feelings were the only things we didn’t see
How I kept saying sorry, for crossing the overthinking boundary
How I gave meaning to our late night conversations at three.

After all the memories of you and me
After the signs told me it was meant to be

Yet here I am, still having these second thoughts
Maybe you’re a wish that’ll never come true

(Now read it from bottom to top)

You Might Also Like

0 comments: