english,

Literary (Submission): Robbed x Red-Handed

2/04/2016 09:31:00 PM Media Center 0 Comments




Robbed
Inarticulate

I know my words and verse and rhyme
And speech may be my foremost skill
I do my deeds with nerve and noise
Yet why can’t I tell her how I feel?

Many have urged me to tell
And yet I still cannot
For fear engulfs and holds me down
Where’s my boldness now?

How do I admit my love
When it leaves me mum?
How do I admit my love
When it leaves my tongue benumbed?

So my friend I ask of you:
What, oh what am I to do?



Red-Handed
Vega

Though words in verse and perfect rhyme
And grandiose displays of skills
May prove the prowess of your strength
In love, you will find how these fail ill

We'd put our best forward
And yet we still cannot
Let our fears go and our guards down
For the sake of gaining trust

Be vulnerable and let her know
How she makes you weak
Surrender and admit your love,
Surrender and admit defeat.

In time, you'll be rewarded
For speaking the heart's truth
For love prefers an honest tongue,
Rather a tongue proud and aloof.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: